Skip to main content

Typing shouldn't be an issue

Let me frame this first. You know the ellipsis that indicates that the other party is typing a message to you?

I
HATE
THAT

I get why people think it's useful, but what I wouldn't give to give whomever thought it would be a good thing a swift kick in the sack. It's particularly frustrating when you work in IT and type 100+ wpm and you get someone who also works in IT but they take so damn long to respond that it feels like they're using the hunt and peck method, with their tongue sticking out of their mouth at the side like they're trying to balance on a slack line. You know what I'm talking about.

I, personally, will break a long message up into shorter parts and send them in quick succession rather than make you wait 5 minutes to type out a paragraph (also known as a book in these instances), because I'm trying to be considerate.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of typing, know what I actually LIKE?

Voice dictation.

There is nothing more pleasing than getting pissed off at someone that you know you can't actually yell at and SCREAMING at Google to transcribe your message into all lowercase text. You get to yell at the person while your phone just takes the message and sends it. I wonder if there will be a future update that will allow Google to understand your pitch/volume and recognize you're screaming and put it in all caps. I'd probably turn that one off...

I mean, I work in IT...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Click to run? More like click to fuck off...

Ah Office 365. Double ah to Click to run (C2R) versions of Office. Apparently you can't install C2R if you have a non-standard office suite application (I'm looking at you Visit and Project) installed via MSI package already. You have to uninstall it first or the C2R installer fails without warning. Who does that? (And by that I mean leave no error message.) And on top of that, you need special licenses (aptly named C2R-P licenses) so that you can deploy the MSI versions alongside C2R installs. Anyone have a 5-pound sledge...? ~Me

Microsoft Teams?

Today is the big day. I finally get to roll out Microsoft Teams across the board. I've only been suggesting this should happen for about a year or so and I finally got my wish (and honestly only because of the coronavirus). Speaking of which, why isn't Corona (the beer) on sale during this time? It should be like, half price! Anyway, so far, so good.

First!

Welcome! Thought I'd start a new blog-type thingamabobber based on the random (and somewhat rampant) stupidity I come across in my daily work life. So, stay tuned for some... interesting... nuggets of knowledge from my daily 9-5 life. I mean, I work in IT...